Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
Committed to our Community
Since the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 this city rebuilt its communities with tenacity and vigor, building diverse neighborhoods all throughout the north, the west and the south sides. Our obligatory territories range from, but are not limited to, Ravenswood, Lincoln Square and Northcenter, as well as our neighbors Albany Park, Andersonville, Edgewater and Uptown. Hiring personnel locally and partnering with our Chambers of Commerce provides an advantage toward emergency response time and educating businesses on the importance be being prepared for fire or water damage situations.
Our staff grew up in such neighborhoods and know first hand about their history, their architecture, their politics, their sports, their food, their love and loyalties. This is why we differentiate ourselves from the competition. We understand the regulations and the systems of our city. We work hand-in-hand with insurance agents and adjusters. We respect the room our first responders need in order to do their duty. Finally, we relate to families who have experienced a loss that is new to them, but familiar to us. Because we have the years of experience and the reliable resources to attest to all scenarios.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (773) 878-5200
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2140 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Ravenswood arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.