Ravenswood Mold Remediation
After a disaster water works its way into your Ravenswood commercial business, mold can start growing in under 48 hours, then the health concerns begin. If you have reason to believe that your commercial business has developed mold issues Ravenswood, your first call should be to SERVPRO of Ravenswood. Our mold remediation experts will assess the situation of your home or business and let you know what to do.
If secondary water damage (mold) does exist, a mitigation plan will be put together and carried out to ensure effective mold remediation of your Ravenswood home or business.
A Few Mold Facts
- Mold is essentially everywhere, both inside and outside.
- Mold spores are microscopic airborne particles that can enter your home through doors, windows and even on your clothing in a similar manner that pollen can.
- Mold spores grow in moisture. Colonies can spread when exposed to water.
- Mold colonies are what produce the toxins that become harmful to humans and animals.
- Mold often has a strong, musty odor. That odor is what often points homeowners to suspecting mold issues.
- Higher-than-normal humidity in the home is enough to support the growth of a colony. It’s best to keep indoor humidity below 45%.
Understanding SERVPRO’s Mold Remediation Process
Every mold remediation scenario is a little different, requiring a unique solution, but the overall process of cleanup can be broken down into the following basic steps.
- Inspection of the Property
Before any mold remediation plans begin, an inspection from a certified Environmentalist must inspect your property before SERVPRO of Ravenswood can come in. A number of technologies are used to detect colonies and water sources. The inspection will include a remediation plan of action, of which our technicians work from to properly clean the area affected by mold to your Ravenswood commercial business.
- Addressing the Water Source
At the beginning of the mold remediation process, the first thing that will need to be addressed is the source of moisture that gives a colony its fuel. If it isn’t, there is a good chance it will come back.
The mold will be contained through several methods to prevent spores from spreading during remediation. HVAC systems and fans will also remain off to keep them from spreading mold as well.
- Air Filtration
Our trained team will come armed with specialized air filtration units designed to catch even the smallest spores from the air. They also contain powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacs to keep the spores from escaping during the mold remediation.
- Removing Captured Mold and Mold Infected Materials
Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments are also used in mold remediation to kill off the colonies and help keep them from reforming. Porous items like drywall and carpeting may need to be removed completely if the level of mold is especially heavy.
- Cleaning House
After containment and removal, the team will clean all furniture, curtains, clothing, and decorative items affected but not excessively. Several mold specific cleaning techniques will be used to sanitize everything, and special fogging equipment will remove odors and deodorize the areas.
- Final Rebuild
Rebuild will be completed to replace any drywall, subflooring, carpet and more that had to be removed for the mold remediation.
After a water disaster, the ultimate goal for SERVPRO of Ravenswood is to leave your Ravenswood commercial business mold free and put back together "Like it never even happened." Call us today for your Free consultation, 773-878-5200.