Fire Damage Restoration Chicago
Chicago fires are devastating to your commercial property and once the fire department has done their duty, it’s time for SERVPRO of Ravenswood to do theirs. To be as proactive as possible, your first call after 911 should be to our 24 Hour Dispatch Center at 773-878-5200. Our professionals will ask the right questions to determine which of our skilled teams is best qualified to handle your Chicago fire damage restoration needs for your business.
While you are waiting for the fire damage restoration team to arrive your immediate focus should be safety for you and your staff. If you aren’t sure if the building is safe to be in, its best to err on the side of caution and not reenter the structure until it can be assessed by a professional.
If you do enter the building, here are some other things to be aware of before fire damage restoration process gets started.
What You Can Do Before Fire Damage Restoration Begins
- Electrical hazards are very possible, be careful.
- Slip and fall hazards are also very possible.
- Cover air registers with a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Put clean towels or old sheets on high traffic areas of carpet, rugs and upholstered areas.
- Limit your movements, so you don’t deeply embed soot into the carpet and other fabrics.
- Keep your hands clean, so you don’t add to the number of items that need to be cleaned.
- If the power is off, take all food and drinks out of the fridge and freezer, leaving the doors propped open.
- Throw out all canned and packaged foods or drinks that were stored near the fire or water.
- Wash your plants on both sides of leaves and completely around the stems and stalks.
What You Should NOT Do Before Fire Damage Restoration Begins
- Soaked materials can be extremely heavy. If you decide to move soaked items around, do so with care.
- Don't try to do any cleaning yourself. This includes not scrubbing walls or shampooing carpets or upholstery.
- Don't do anything with electrical appliances that were exposed to the fire or water until you’ve consulted an authorized repair professional.
- Don't turn on ceiling lights or fan if the ceiling is wet until the wiring can be inspected.
- Don't have any clothing cleaned through standard methods, including dry cleaning. Smoke odors need to be specially treated to prevent permanently setting the odor into the fabrics.
Beginning the SERVPRO Fire Damage Restoration Process
When your SERVPRO of Ravenswood trained technicians arrive, two initial tasks will take place. One, a full assessment will be made as to what needs to be done. Two, damage by fire and water can create areas of exposure. Steps will be taken to secure areas that have been affected.
The Final Stage of the Fire Damage Restoration Process
Chicago fire restoration is actually the final step of the fire damage restoration process. After extensive water remediation and specialized cleaning to remove smoke, soot and other fire damage, the restoring of your home to its pre-fire condition is our end goal. Restoration tasks may include:
- Building Services and Reconstruction
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Drywall Removal and Installation
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- Tile Floor Repair
SERVPRO of Ravenswood professionals can simplify the commercial fire damage restoration process for your business in Chicago by taking care of the damage mitigation and the restoration process. Only needing to work with one qualified company during this entire process will help keep costs down, and be less stressful overall. Contact us 24/7/365 for your free inspection today!