Fire Damage Cleanup & Restoration Andersonville
Any type of fire to a Andersonville business or home can be an extremely traumatic experience. It can cause not just damage from the flames of the fire, but the after-effect damages can be just as devastating. Whether it is debris, soot, smoke, odor or structural damage, there is a potential for more damage than is initially expected.
It’s no secret that the best way to prevent fire damage is by not having a fire. But sometimes they just happen. When they do, there is nothing that can be done about it. However, knowing the top ways a fire can start will help you avoid a fire altogether.
- Cooking Fires. Whether it is an unattended kitchen, grease splatters or keeping combustibles next to a heat source, they can all lead to a fire.
- Heating Fires. Make sure that the furnace is regularly inspected and that any portable heaters are kept a safe distance from anything combustible.
- Smoking Inside. Always be sure that any cigarette butts are put out completely and disposed of properly.
- Electric Fires. Check to make sure there are no overloaded outlets, exposed cord wires or overused extension cords being used.
- Candles. Always pay attention when candles are lit and be sure not to leave them unattended.
- Kids. Keep all lighters and matches out of reach and away from curious children.
- Faulty Wiring. More prevalent in older apartments, houses, and buildings, faulty wiring can play a huge part in starting a fire.
- Flammable Items. Always store adhesives, cleaning agents and paint away from any sources of heat.
- Holiday Decorations. Try not to hang any decorations too close to the fireplace or near sources of heat.
- Grills. Be sure to not grill under a flammable awning or on a porch.
Now that you know the top 10 most common causes of fires Andersonville residents and business owners, you can do your best to try and prevent a fire from ever happening. But for whatever reason a fire does happen, then you should contact SERVPRO of Ravenswood, your nearest fire damage restoration specialist.
SERVPRO of Ravenswood’s trained professionals will be able to inspect your Andersonville home or office for any fire or fire-related damages. Depending on how bad the damage is, we can even put a roof tarp or board up anything that may require it.
Often time during a fire, you will experience water damage from when the fire was put out. So, a good fire damage cleanup specialist, SERVPRO of Ravenswood, will be able to remove any leftover water and help dry wherever the water damage has occurred.
When a fire occurs, Andersonville residents and business owners, it is never convenient and possibly one of the worst times in a person’s life. By using SERVPRO of Ravenswood, we can help get you through the situation with minimal stress and have everything back to "Like it never even happened." We will take care of all the damages from the fire, as well as the after-effect damages of the fire. Call us at 773-878-5200