Looking for Water Damage Repair North Center Clues When Shopping For Your New Home
Are you thinking about buying a new home? After various conversations with realtors in our area, who are super stoked about mortgage rates being at an all-time low, it appears now is a very good time to buy. It’s exciting to shop around and look for that perfect home fit. However, it is also good practice to look for unexpected “baggage” that may come along with the deal. I am referring to water damage repair North Center. Many homes in Chicago are over 50 years old and damage from previous occupants may be undetected at first glance. SERVPRO of Ravenswood has a few helpful hints to follow when shopping for your perfect dream home.
- Look for brownish stains or spots in the ceilings and walls of each room. These spots may lead to rot or mold behind the surfaces.
- If there is an out-of-the-ordinary odor in the air, ask what that is.
- Consider bringing in a certified environmentalist to test for any pre-existing mold damage.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about previous water losses, basement floods, or if it is a multi-unit occupied building inquire about surrounding units who have experience water, fire and mold damage.
- Call SERVPRO of Ravenswood to provide you with a free estimate for any remediation or cleanup needs.
Working collectively with your realtor, insurance agents, previous home owners and your trusted SERVPRO franchise you can rest easier knowing that you everyone is working diligently to help repair or prevent any future (and costly) surprises.