Donut Start an Oil Fire
Kitchen fires are messy! We recently helped out a local restaurant in Andersonville. The bakers accidentally sparked a fire when cooking oil spilled onto a hot grill. A small fire erupted and quickly escalated into extremely hot flames. The smoke from those flames ignited the kitchen’s fire suppression system, exactly doing what it is designed to do – stop the fire! Unfortunately, the wet chemical from the suppression system mixed with the oil and water turned into a nasty, goopy mess. The smoke damage also overwhelmed the entire restaurant, shutting them down.
Once the fire department had deemed it safe for entry, SERVPRO of Ravenswood went to work. Within a few days our technicians cleaned, setup equipment and odorized the entire store. The quick action of the staff, owner and SERVPRO crew were able to put that business back to working order in 1-week’s time.
When a fire occurs call 911 immediately. Anticipate some downtime for cleaning and repairs. And remember to call SERVPRO of Ravenswood professionals who help pick up the pieces and get your business back to working condition.