When To Use A Fire Extinguisher During An Emergency
- The outside of the extinguisher is clean, and all parts are operable and not damaged or restricted.
- You have identified an escape, and the fire is not between you and the route.
- You have alerted other occupants, and someone has called the fire department.
- You are safe from the toxic smoke produced by the fire.
- The fire is contained to a single object, such as a wastebasket.
- Call SERVPRO of Ravenswood to clean up the damage.
The U.S. Fire Administration is an excellent resource on fire safety. Click on the link below to find information on training, prevention, statistical data, handouts, videos on installing fire alarms, and much much more.
Mark your calendars and help spread the word on fire safety during Fire Prevention Week on October 3-9, 2021.