DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO AFTER A BIOHAZARD OCCURS?
Unexpected death can become odorous if not properly cleaned.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to hazardous environments. SERVPRO of Ravenswood is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health department regulations. EXAMPLE SCENARIOS:
- SEWAGE BACKUPS
- CRIME SCENE RESIDUES
- SUICIDE/ACCIDENTAL DEATH
- CHEMICAL DISPOSAL
- PLASMA CLEANUP
- VIRAL PATHOGENS
- HOARDING SCENES
- ANIMAL WASTE/REMAINS
- METH LAB CLEANUPS
Call us today for a free quote: 773-878-5200
When To Use A Fire Extinguisher During An Emergency
Having a fire extinguisher easily accessible is always good practice.
- The outside of the extinguisher is clean, and all parts are operable and not damaged or restricted.
- You have identified an escape, and the fire is not between you and the route.
- You have alerted other occupants, and someone has called the fire department.
- You are safe from the toxic smoke produced by the fire.
- The fire is contained to a single object, such as a wastebasket.
- Call SERVPRO of Ravenswood to clean up the damage.
Ready For Whatever Happens
Storm Teams throughout the US are ready to mobilize at any time
When the storm is a major event, you need more comprehensive restoration support!
SERVPRO of Ravenswood is "Ready for whatever happens."
SERVPRO has mobilization teams across the country to travel as needed to support recovery after large storm events. Need a few hundred of our crews for a month? Only SERVPRO can make it happen!
When localized storms overwhelm local restoration companies, SERVPRO's storm response helps to manage the volume you need served.
Because SERVPRO has answered calls for help in storm situations over the years we have developed a specialized storm team and large loss response network to provide the resources you need - management, crews and equipment to get service to your property when others cannot.
That's why when disaster strikes, so do we!
COMMERCIAL LARGE LOSS PROGRAM
- Best of our best, SERVPRO's Large Loss Response Team recruited to serve your needs
- Elite group of large loss specialists pre-qualified and strategically positions throughout the US (approx. 110)
- Substantial resources through network of 1,800+ locations nationwide
- Six and seven-figure projects routinely assigned to our Large Loss Response Team members
- Clients include: Insurance Companies, Manufacturing Facilities, Hospitality Industry, Restaurants, Property Managers, Universities, Health Care Facilities, Libraries, Churches, Municipalities, Local, State and Federal Government
- Corporate oversight and communication on every large loss filed
- Business interruption minimized due to our timely response
- Unit Pricing utilized on routine losses, Time and Material recommended on losses exceeding $25,000
Did You Know We Will Clean & Restore Any Hoarding Scenario ?
Armed and ready to clean up any hoarding scenario!
Hoarding is a serious problem for many people. A hoarder's home may be a very dangerous place. But with the right clean up help, hoarding can easily be defeated and become a thing of the past. If you are concerned that you or a loved one is at risk due to hoarding, call us to help clean it up. Hoarding Causes:
- Biohazardous Conditions
- Water Damage
- Fire Damage
- Blocks Exits For Emergency Personnel
- Illness & Injury
- Unsanitary Conditions
- Weakened Structural Integrity
Call SERVPRO of Ravenswood today to discuss your hazard cleanup options; 773-878-5200.
Prepare. Plan. Build.
Disasters strike this time of year. Best to be prepared!
In combination of this month's anticipated rain season plus last month's melting snow may result in flooding parts of Chicagoland and surrounding suburbs. Educating yourself, your family and your employees is important. Below we are sharing great resources from Ready.Gov to help better prepare all your stakeholders. Know that SERVPRO of Ravenswood's Storm Team is also prepared to help, day or night, should you encounter water damage.
- MAKE A PLAN - Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area. Know how you’ll contact one another and reconnect if separated. Establish a family meeting place that’s familiar and easy to find.
- PREPARE TOGETHER - Whether you’re a kid or teen yourself, a parent or loved one, or work with youth, Ready Kids has tools and information to help before, during and after disasters.
- BUILD A KIT - After an emergency, you may need to survive on your own for several days. Being prepared means having your own food, water and supplies to last for several days. A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items your household may need in the event of an emergency.
- CLEANUP - When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Ravenswood can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Upcoming Virtual Continuing Education Course - Friday June 11, 2021
Register Today - Seats Are Limited!
Thanks for your interest in our Upcoming CE Class. With the following link below, you will be able to pre-register for the class and receive your links and passwords to join the day of the course. We highly encourage you to register prior to the day of the class.
On the day of the course please join us one hour prior to class time in order to show us a copy of your photo ID. Once your ID has been verified you will be officially registered for the class and have time to do what you need that morning prior to class. Class size is limited to 20 so please register early, and show up for Photo ID verification early as well.
Register in advance for this meeting:
We Do Commercial Cleaning
SERVPRO of Ravenswood ad
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
When the dirt, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you need SERVPRO of Ravenswood. You can depend on us to get the job done right and get it done quickly. Our highly trained technicians use top-of-the-line equipment to make your business shine again.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned: Our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Ravenswood Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
All of our cleanup practices are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities. SERVPRO of Ravenswood offers proactive disinfecting to help minimize the spread of viruses such as COVID-19.
Document Restoration: In the aftermath of a disaster, some of your most valued contents could be lost forever. As a leader in the restoration industry, we know that timely mitigation is the key to recovering damaged possessions. With years of experience and state-of-the-art technology, our restoration professionals will help you recover your paper goods before it’s too late.
Vandalism: Vandalism and graffiti can be very upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
Learn more about our commercial cleaning services by contacting us at 773-878-5200.
Why SERVPRO, Because It's Personal
Picture of burnt charger
Many of you have seen the SERVPRO commercials on television which markets our 1-800-SERVPRO phone number. But did you know that when you dial the 800# those reps turn around and call the closest SERVPRO-owned franchise to your location to expedite your emergency? That’s because there are over 1800 SERVPRO individually owned and operated branches throughout the USA. Each one of those branches (or franchises) – though all following industry-standard cleaning protocols – like to make themselves stand out. SERVPRO of Ravenswood likes to stand by sharing personal stories of their own by blogging about it. Today I share my personal story to help educate families on what could happen to you.
Like many residents across Chicago, my home is on technology overload! Between working from home on my laptop for months, my daughters Zooming in and out of classes throughout the days, and the cable television always on in the background so not to miss the latest breaking news our WiFi has been tested to the max this past year. As are our charging cables.
Over the weekend my daughters and I were just doing our own weekend thing in our condo playing with the cats, streaming shows and of course snacking throughout the day when we noticed an odd burning smell in the air. It was a sunny fresh Saturday, so we opened the balcony door for fresh air, checked our oven to make sure it wasn’t on and made sure the curling iron wasn’t left on in the bathroom. All checked out on our end so we brushed it off thinking our neighbor must have accidentally burned something next door. But I kept smelling it throughout the morning, hmm? A few hours later I sat down on my couch and went to plug in my phone to charge when I noticed my charging station was super hot to the touch, odd! I picked up one of the cords that laid down onto the carpet below only to find the end completely burned and melting. BINGO! We found our culprit. Apparently, our charging station had reached its capacity and began the very scary and real process of burning. Not only was I lucky to find it in time, but I also found this to be an excellent teachable moment. I called my daughters over and showed them what had happened. They were shocked, because they too knew that this could have been a fire hazard.
So, I post my little story today to encourage our readers to always pay close attention to odd burning smells, and to look further than just the standard oven or curling iron checks. We now have technology to watch out for in the background. My takeaways to you are: 1. Don’t Buy Cheap Chargers! 2. Don’t Charge Devices on Carpets or Couches (or any cloth-type areas for that matter) and 3. Should you encounter a fire or smoke damage, call SERVPRO of Ravenswood (773-878-5200) to get rid of that awful odor!
For more helpful tips, click HERE.
Water Damage Continuing Education Virtual Event
MARS CREDIT HOURS
INSURANCE COURSE CREDIT: 2 HOURS COURSE NUMBER: 6000075714 Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar (MARS) IICRC S500 Water Damage Restoration
About this Event
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The insurance professional or property manager will gain a better understanding of:
- what to expect from a good restoration professional aka SERVPRO of Ravenswood
- how a SERVPRO professional inspects a water-damaged buildings and contents
- emergency procedures performs by the restoration crew
- how the SERVPRO's monitor the drying process
- how the SERVPRO's complete restoration of the building
- the tools used the clean and restore smoke-damaged contents and structure
- cost comparison of restoring vs. replacing
- what is takes to remove odors and deodorize
SIGN UP TODAY! Class begins on Friday, March 12th at 10AM.
The Importance of Renters Insurance
We provide one-on-one free consultations.
The Chicago Fire Department receives over 500,000 calls for emergency assistance, including fire calls in both apartment and rented condominiums. Unfortunately, in many cases these tenants do not have renters insurance and they suffer significant losses of their belongings due to water and smoke damage. Though it is not mandated it is strongly encouraged that landlords recommend to their renters that they look into obtaining coverage. This Quick Reference Sheet can be provided to tenants to help them learn what they need to know about renters insurance. SERVPRO of Ravenswood works with all insurance companies. We work directly with your agents and adjusters to make the process easy and less stressful during difficult times. Remember to call 773-878-5200 for your cleanup service claim - your best choice for emergency restoration.