SERVPRO Convention 2021
Each year SERVPRO Industries invites all franchises throughout the US to their annual convention. The location is hosted in a different city each summer. Though 2020 threw us a (COVID) curveball which forced us to move convention from Boston to Online - we still made it work! Convention is an important time for our teams, as we are able to congregate in a non-emergency situation and learn, play and share experiences collectively. This year our hosts chose sunny Orlando, FL! It was a wonderful time to learn, collaborate, to build relationships, and to celebrate successes of the past year. In the next few blogs we will be highlighting some of the headliners on what we at SERVPRO of Ravenswood are excited about this year!
Yikes! Water is gushing from an internal water source in your home!
This is an example of a type of water shut off valve.
Yikes! Water is gushing from an internal water source in your home! Do you know where your main water shutoff valve is located? Be sure to educate your family members, co-workers or tenants on how to turn off the main water shutoff in your building. This is a critical lesson to share with others, especially if you have had an experience where your dishwasher leaked or your toilet overflowed. Know what to do next.
If the water damage is extensive and you are unable to mop it or clean it up yourself, then call us. We are happy to help.
If you have hardwood floors it is best not to wait. Our floormat system can restore your beautiful floors and hopefully prevent cupping or discoloration.
If it is a sewage issue, we too can help clean it and deodorize the area so that you aren't burdened with the memory.
If you don't know what to do, just call and we will advise the best step to take, even if you don't want to use our service.
Commercial Water Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
Day or night, we are here for your emergency cleanup needs
SERVPRO of Ravenswood has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about Learn more about our training and certifications.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Ravenswood can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities in the Chicagoland area!
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
We can clean this up for you!
SERVPRO of Ravenswood offers professional cleaning and preventative maintenance for your carpet and upholstery that keeps your property looking its best. Our cleaning system offers a number of specialized cleaning options to match your needs. Whether your business needs a deep cleaning or a persistent odor removed, you can trust SERVPRO of Ravenswood. Learn more about our commercial cleaning services:
SERVPRO of Ravenswood specializes in:
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Odor and Deodorizaion
- Viral Pathogen
For a complete list of services and description, click HERE, or call 773-878-5200 today!
Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
Crime scene police banner
Our technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Our first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Ravenswood will respond immediately and has the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Crime Scene and Trauma Cleaning Services
- Fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals
- Tear gas and pepper spray residues
- Fire extinguisher residue
- Blood, bodily fluids, and tissue remnants
Common Trauma and Crime Scene Scenarios
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, we can clean and restore your property after a crime scene investigation.
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Our trained Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
Illegal Drug - "Meth" Labs
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as "meth" are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. Our technicians follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Knowledge about water damage
SERVPRO of Ravenswood could clean up this mess!
If your house experiences water damage, it can cause a number of problems. For example, water damage issues may stem from plumbing problems, a washing machine default or simply just poor weather. These problems can be minor or severe, depending on how long it goes untreated. While water damage is a serious issue, not many people realize how many things can cause it. Flooding feels like an obvious answer, but other factors that exist inside your home can also cause this problem. Keep in mind, that water damage is preventable most of the time. Knowing what causes it can help you to be proactive.
We are water removal and cleanup specialists and are ready to service your Chicago home when flooding or water leaks cause water damage. SERVPRO of Ravenswood will quickly dry your property using state-of-the-art water removal equipment and advanced drying techniques, documenting the drying process to make sure your property is dry and the job is done right.
Please refer to our Water Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Severe Weather Event - Chicago
Tornado Warning vs Tornado Watch
During the late evening into early overnight of Sunday, June 20, storms increased in intensity rapidly as they moved toward and into the Chicago metropolitan area, with damaging winds and tornadoes.
The most significant storm damage occurred in the southwest suburbs of Naperville, Woodridge, Darien, Burr Ridge, and Willow Springs between 11:00 and 11:30 pm, where a preliminary EF-3 tornado tracked through the area. The tornado damage survey for this tornado has not yet been completed, with additional details likely determined on June 22.
Take some time to refresh your approach to severe weather safety!
Ensure you have weather safety procedures at home, work, school, place of worship, on the road, and elsewhere.
Decision-makers and overseers of large groups of people should review preparedness plans and ensure they have adequate means to monitor the weather and shelter individuals.
Be a "Force of Nature" and spread awareness of severe weather!
When it is all over, contact any of our SERVPRO franchises located throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Our crews are manned any time, day or night, and are prepared to service your storm damage needs.
Buyer Beware - A Different Kind of Storm
SERVPRO of Ravenswood is a IICRC Certified Firm
When SERVPRO talks about storms it typically relates to tropical rain, hail or hurricane storms. But in this series we will be discussing a different kind of storm. One that seems to never end for victims of so-called “restoration companies”. Our local Chicago News Channel 9 investigated a case where a person lost over $45,000, important valuables and many months of time during a water loss that should not have gone the way it had for her. The full story is covered in this video.
The reason we are sharing this scenario is because we want to help educate the public on the right things that should occur during a water or fire loss, and identify what should not happen to home or business owner during such catastrophes. Here are quick tips that will help any one new to water or fire damage experiences.
- Whenever there is a fire or flood in your home or business, DO call your insurance agency. Your Agent is experienced in these situations. They will advise you on your coverages and they will recommend reputable cleanup companies who you can trust to get work do correctly.
- Decisions do not need to be made instantly. DO NOT sign any contract without doing your research. People will appear from out of the blue handing you business cards, promising you the moon and the stars for restoration, and compel you to sign a contract right there on the street. You are vulnerable at this time, undergoing a terrible loss, and are not in the right mindset to make such important decisions. Take your time.
- When working with a reputable cleanup and restoration company the insurance company WILL assign a Insurance Adjuster to your claim – not to be confused with a Public Adjuster, as they are two different people. Cleanup companies, such as SERVPRO of Ravenswood, WILL work alongside the insurance company to make sure all processes are properly documented and prices are aligned with industry-standard rates. There SHOULD NOT be any additional “% Fees” included on contract paperwork. If you see added percentages, then something is not right!
- DO continue communication with the insurance adjuster and the cleanup company. There SHOULD NEVER be unreturned phone calls or denial of inventory items. Your possessions are always your possessions, unless written authorization to dispose of items is requests by you.
- Depending on the capacity of damage in a water loss the drying & cleanup processes SHOULD take anywhere between 2-10 days. A fire loss cleanup will take longer, but NOT more than 1 month. Reconstruction, or rebuild, of properties will take longer.
- DO read reviews and testimonials on company websites and rating platforms. The BBB is an excellent source to visit as well. DO NOT be afraid to ask for company references. Many references should be available to you from insurance agents who work with restoration companies on a daily basis.
- DO look for IICRC certified firms and restoration trained professional
Going through a water or fire loss can be devastating. You are already under so much stress to pick up the pieces, that you should not be undermined. That is why we encourage clients to take the time to do their homework before making any decisions on claims and contracts. Doing your research should not take more than a few hours. Listen to your agent. Get multiple quotes. Read company reviews, and check the status of contractors on the Better Business Bureau website. This will not only save you much more time and money during the process, but it WILL also bring you piece of mind knowing that the cleanup is being done the right way and in a timely manner.
We Want You On Our Team!
We are participating in the Chicago Walk to Defeat ALS on June 5, 2021 in honor of those stricken by this life-changing illness, and we need you on my team!! Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed with ALS — it robs a person of the ability to walk, speak, eat, and eventually breathe. And what’s even worse is that right now, there’s no cure. Will you join us and join the movement to cure ALS?
Our team is committed to raising money to support people in our community with ALS and spread awareness of the urgency to find treatments and a cure. Please consider joining our team in the Walk to Defeat ALS® or choose a team member from the list or DONATE to our cause.
We plan to walk on Saturday June 5th around the Ravenswood neighborhood.
Donna & Maggie, SERVPRO9758@hotmail.com
Getting Back to Work and School
Spring Special $ .25 cents per square foot
Now that we are gradually returning to our daily routines we are preparing ourselves to answer your calls for fast response should you be hit with a COVID case. You can rely on us to disinfect your infected space with our Spring Special; $ .25/SF!! What’s the Difference?
- Cleaning refers to the removal of dirt and impurities, including germs, from surfaces. Cleaning alone does not kill germs. But by removing the germs, it decreases their number and therefore any risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting works by using chemicals, for example EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs. But killing germs remaining on a surface after cleaning further reduces any risk of spreading infection.