When Winter Weather Strikes, Be Prepared to Strike Back
We are prepared to answer your call!
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Ravenswood can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. Here are some helpful tips that better prepare your home and business during these harsh winter months. And remember to add our phone number to your contact list as your choice for emergency fire and water damage cleanup; 773-878-5200. PREPARE YOUR HOME:
PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pips for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it off.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect walkways, and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potentials.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask SERVPRO of Ravenswood about starting a Disaster Recovery Plan for your business.
Dang those dams!
Ice dam figure
With the winter months among us snow storms and ice can be the culprit of many water damage concerns and cleanups. SERVPRO of Ravenswood has been through 12 winters in Chicago, cleaned up many situations, and we know what to do when catastrophe strikes.
Ice dams are one example of a major problem during the winter season. These damns form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water. Then that water creates a "dam-like" block of frozen ice. As you will see in the diagram when trapped water cannot safely flow or run into a gutter system it creates a backflow under the roof's shingles and into the structure's interior area. This then causes leaks and damage to the interior of your home or office.
We can help mitigate water damage caused by these ice dams and dry the inside of your structure. Keep our number in your contact list as your emergency fire and water cleanup source. Our trained crew will provide a free estimate, work with your insurance company directly and get your home or office back in order.
SERVPRO of Ravenswood, 773-878-5200, is always here to help!
SERVPRO OF RAVENSWOOD IS AN IICRC CERTIFIED FRANCHISE
SERVPRO of Ravenswood IICRC Certified Firm 2021
Being IICRC Certified is necessary when a restoration company claims they are certified technicians for fire damage cleanup. That is why SERVPRO of Ravenswood takes all the required steps each year to showcase our professionalism and dedication to a higher standard of care. Our technicians undergo the education to better understand the importance of industry standard protocols. Each technician carries their own certificate better aligning themselves with our franchise and our commitment to clean.
There are many variables when defining "standards" in the restoration industry. Our shop focuses mainly on Professional Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration, as well as Water Damage Restoration. These two typically go hand-in-hand given that when there is a fire, water is used to put it out - lots and lots of water. SERVPRO of Ravenswood has been implementing these standards for over 10 years and we intend to continue operations to better serve our communities.
Finding Certified Firms is easy through IICRC's Global Locator. For example if you type zip code 60640, then you will find SERVPRO of Ravenswood at the top of the list!
Should you undergo fire damage call the professionals you can trust and count on to it right!
773-878-5200 - Schedule your free assessment today!
First Responder Bowl 12.26.20
Bowl season is coming! We are happy to announce the date for the 2020 SERVPRO First Responder Bowl will be December 26! The game is scheduled to kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CT from the Gerald J. Ford Stadium on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, and will air on ABC! In December 2014, the bowl began honoring first responders, including police officers, firefighters, EMS workers, correctional officers, search and rescue, dispatchers, security guards, federal agents, border patrol agents and military personnel who have specialized training and are the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency. In 2018, the game was renamed to reflect the efforts to show appreciation to first responders. SERVPRO of Ravenswood is a sponsor for this years event with a charitable focus on our Chicago Police Department. Join SERVPRO of Ravenswood and Donate Today! Thank you and God Bless.
You Can Clean with SERVPRO Products!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned vs. Cleaned with SERVPRO Products
Earlier this month, SERVPRO Industries had launched the Cleaned with SERVPRO Products (CSP) beta test through Amazon. CSP is the in-demand-extension of Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned (CSC). Welcoming the Cleaned with SERVPRO Products initiative we are so proud to announce that we have extended one of our core services to the public. We recognize that many community facilities are taking extraordinary precautions in the combating against COVID-19 by investing in fogging machines of their own. In the midst of a pandemic surge SERVPRO has decided to help empower your machines by selling our BEST disinfectant directly to the public: SERVPROXIDE - your #1 choice for effective disinfectant cleaning! We’ve heard your cries to provide a proactive, regular daily use cleaning solution to apply on your own. To which we replied a resounding, “YES!” In the history of SERVPRO we have never sold our products direct before…sssh! We hope the Cleaned with SERVPRO Products initiative will only strengthen trust in our partnerships and overcome the objection that partnering with SERVPRO for proactive cleaning is just too costly. This beta will launch the direct sale of SERVPROXIDE to businesses online through Amazon and Amazon Business. CSP offers a win-win solution to bridge the gap between the commercial clients’ needs and resources and those of SERVPRO. As consumers master the use of CSP to disinfect suspected or confirmed COVID cases, we anticipate that business owners and decisionmakers will first contact the brand you rely on and the people that you trust as the “experts in clean” (a.k.a. SERVPRO of Ravenswood) when other disasters strike!
What’s the Difference??
- Cleaning refers to the removal of dirt and impurities, including germs, from surfaces. Cleaning alone does not kill germs. But by removing the germs, it decreases their number and therefore any risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting works by using chemicals, for example EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs. But killing germs remaining on a surface after cleaning further reduces any risk of spreading infection.
Each purchase will come with a Cleaned with SERVPRO Product shield to display on your front door or window. So, when your patrons or students or clients walk into your building, you can say with confidence that, “I’ve made the Best choice in cleaning and disinfecting.”
More about Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Did you know we have our very own Meteorologist?!
Storm tracker during a hurricane storm event
Yes we do! And it's no surprise since disaster recovery is our niche! Forecasting the weather benefits us by better preparing our Storm Teams to respond immediately after a large storm passes. Many of you already know that these past few weeks hurricanes have wreaked havoc on the US Gulf coast. Our Chief Meteorologist, Lela Davis, has helped track tropical storms Sally, Delta and currently Zeta for our Storm Teams. Lela's input is critical as she can predict targeted areas that will be affected the most, post-storm. Her input entails information, such as: target areas, category strength, flash flooding, and wind gust speeds. All of which are vital when responding to those areas quickly. Our Storm Teams then use this information to activate the SERVPRO tools and resources in order for them to effectively coordinate team mobilization, equipment and power setups, communication protocols, and much much more. Having such measures in place makes a world of difference when helping homes and businesses put the pieces back together. We are proud to have Storm Teams available to you and remember SERVPRO if always here to help!
Why Reviews Matter
Our franchise industry average review rate chart 4.23 of 5.0!
More than ever before we are relying on the internet to provide feedback on specific service industries. Today you can gather quick information on food, clothes, books, movies, music, commodities, and professional services. With a simple click you can make informed decisions based on the public’s opinion and their experiences. SERVPRO of Ravenswood also relies on such feedback for future client business. Here are several reasons why review matter. We hope this information will help provoke you to leave behind your story about the services that SERVPRO of Ravenswood provided for you during a time you needed help most!
- Social Proof Drives Purchases. We are more likely to make a purchase if others say (or write) it’s a good idea. If you experience a flood or fire in your home or business, we understand that you want things to get back to the way things were before – quickly, safely and correctly. SERVPRO of Ravenswood can and will do that for you!
- They Make Your More Visible. The more we feed the internet content machine, the more brand algorithms will increase in your favor. We just LOVE to see 5 Stars across the board!
- They Make You Look Trustworthy. Positive reviews build significant trust and brand credibility. SERVPRO is a brand you should be able to trust, especially during times of crisis. We value your trust and we stride not to ever let you down.
- Conversation About You. Positive online presence promotes a good reputation. The more good stuff people have to say, the more likely others will utilize your brand. Let’s face it, we like it when people talk about us!
- They Are Increasingly Essential to Decision Making. Almost two-thirds of shoppers that that online reviews are an essential part of the decision process. This is Huge! Your opinion matters, even to complete strangers.
- They Have a Clear Impact on Sales. From our perspective we agree with this point. Doing a phenomenal job in the beginning will bring re-turning customers. We are fortunate to have a solid client base of customers who call us repeatedly for their cleanups. We take those gestures as the greatest compliment of all!
- They Give You An Open Line to Consumers. Positive and negative reviews are an excellent opportunity to open a dialogue about how we operate. The more stories (good or bad) we put out there the more able we are to educate on our processes and cleaning methods, so that every situation is analyzed and corrected to better serve our consumers.
Please share your experience with us, as well as the world-wide-web, and help us help others! We appreciate you and we appreciate your time!
Click HERE to leave your review.
Source: Mention, Blog, Media Monitoring, “7 Reasons Online Reviews are Essential for Your Brand”. Smith Wallas, March 6, 2020, https://www.SERVPROravenswood.com/testimonials/fire-smoke-damage-restoration.
Do I call a plumber or do I call SERVPRO?
Broken pipe cartridge leak
This past weekend I had a near-disaster experience in my daughter's bathtub. Like all children, they don't know to tell you something is wrong until something is really wrong! Apparently there has been an ongoing slow drip in the tub. I happen to discover this when I inspected their chore completion; one of which was to clean the tub!
Since I work for SERVPRO of Ravenswood I know the first thing you should do during a water overflow scenario is to turn off the main water line. So I did. Then I called my building engineer to come and inspect the problem. When Gus pulled off the wall faucet we discovered that the pipe's cartridge was warped. Luckily this was a $25 part replacement. We also discovered that the leak was on the outer side of the wall. You see, had the leak been inside that wall, then that would be a "Call SERVPRO" situation. Leaks within walls tend to travel downward and ultimately affect the floors below you. In some high rise cases water damage can affect several units below.
The lesson here folks is; call a plumber (or building engineer) to fix the parts, and call SERVPRO to clean and dry out the water damage.
24/7/365 Service Line: 773-878-5200
Plug Us Into Your Contacts
We are a 24 Hour - 7 Days a Week Franchise
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best
help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO of Ravenswood is so important.
To get the team that’s faster to any size disaster we recommend you tell your building engineers and property managers to add the following contact to their mobile devices:
Emergency Fire Water Cleanup
Having this important contact information will increase the response time for our technicians to mobilize and act swiftly to get your home or business back to the way it was.
We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire
communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for
1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best: Your trusted, local
SERVPRO of Ravenswood franchise professional.
Disaster Recovery Teams Located Conveniently in your Chicago Neighborhood
Wind Storm Diagram Development
When disasters hit it is common for you to feel hopeless and overwhelmed. In Chicago disasters can cause large losses and cost you a lot of money to restore your property. But you should know that not all hope is lost when it comes to disaster recovery. There is no better restoration company for the job than one of our SERVPRO Storm Teams, our nation’s BEST restoration recovery team – who has a franchise located locally in Andersonville Chicago. For business and residential communities SERVPRO of Ravenswood’s restoration teams can handle any fire or water loss, BIG or small.
Damaging Natural Disaster Examples are:
- Tornadoes and Wind Storms
- Hurricanes and Heavy Rain
- Blizzards and Snow Storms
As with the recent event, Hurricane Laura, you can be certain that SERVPRO Storm Teams were there from the beginning to help remedy the situation for so many victims of that terrible storm.
When it comes to disaster recovery, you want to seek a professional service to effectively restore your property in a timely manner. SERVPRO of Ravenswood follows the 1-4-8 Rule. Within the 1st hour, we will dispatch a Restoration Manager to assess the situation. Within 4 hours, crews will begin to mobilize. And within 8 hours, our technicians will be fast at work beginning the cleanup process.
These are the business verticals SERVPRO of Ravenswood has experience helping:
- Schools & Daycares (secondary and post-secondary)
- Hospital and Senior Living Facilities
- Property Management Buildings (Rentals/Leases – residential and commercial)
- Government Buildings
- Churches and Worship Centers
- Municipalities and First Response
Available 24/7, SERVPRO of Ravenswood can help clean up the damage to your buildings caused by a natural disaster. We are standing by to ensure that they meet your needs, regardless of the time or day. 773-878-5200